How far is too far? How much more grotesque can an industry sink than harvesting unborn baby body parts? The love of money is the root of all kinds of evil. (I Tim. 6:10) And how much longer will the American people allow the abortion industry to exploit them?
Unfortunately, that question is being answered. In a new video release, Planned Parenthood was caught selling fetal body parts. The video also implicates Planned Parenthood President and CEO, Cecile Richards, as being aware of these sales. Planned Parenthood denies this claim, saying no profits were made and some people choose to donate body parts. Notice that nobody believes these are the mother’s body parts. The unborn is not the woman’s body – contrary to popular claims.
In response to Planned Parenthood’s defense, Dr. Michael Brown explains that the evidence is too compelling, “The video evidence is too clear to deny, as powerful Planned Parenthood leader discusses the sale of baby parts – livers, limbs, tissue, and hearts – while casually eating her dinner, even describing how partial birth abortion is used to preserve those body parts which are in particular demand.”
The case against the American abortion industry doesn’t hang on this one incident, though, for this is only one aspect of the industry. But, Planned Parenthood does represent a huge part of the American abortion machinery.
When people understand what’s actually going on, they become more pro-life.
Consider the following:
- Live Action’s 2014 Investigative Report “Lies, Corruption, and Scandal,” chronicles Planned Parenthood’s involvement and enabling of child sexual abuse, racism, sex-trafficking, sex-selective abortion, and infanticide.”
- Southwest Women’s Options in Albuquerque, New Mexico performs abortions until the day of birth. Dr. Shelly Sella botched an abortion on a woman whose unborn baby was 35-weeks old. The owner of SWO, Curtis Boyd admits that abortion is killing and that he’s performed abortions on girls as young as nine and ten years old.
- Over eighty percent of Americans do not approve of late-term abortion. Over sixty percent of Americans do not approve of second trimester abortion. Why is it still legal?
- 98-99% of abortions are performed on healthy mothers and healthy babies. The 1% is allegedly performed due to cases of rape, incest, and health of the mother. No matter your position, it isn’t reasonable to extend this defense to the vast majority of abortions.
- The majority of Americans do not approve of sex-selective abortions or using abortion as a method of birth control.
- Abortion hurts women. According to the Elliott Institute, women who have gone through abortion experience the following: 92% experience emotional deadening; 86% feel an increased tendency toward anger or rage (and half reported becoming more violent); 75% reported some sexual dysfunction; 63% experienced denial (average denial period was 5.25 years); 58% suffered from insomnia or nightmares; 56% experienced suicidal feelings; 53% increase or began drug/alcohol use; and one in four actually attempt suicide. If these statistics are anywhere near reality, then why are women not warned before abortion or offered counseling afterward?
For those who are new to this issue, I encourage you to do your own research. Look into Kermit Gosnell. On March 13, 2013, abortionist Kermit Gosnell was sentenced to two life sentences for delivering live babies and snipping their spines from the back of their necks. As horrific as his “Pennsylvania House of Horrors” was, the more shocking indictment is on the Department of Health that knew of his operating conditions. Fetuses were found in milk jugs. Equipment was stained with urine and blood. How far is too far?
According to Scott Klusendorf, the unborn are alive, separate from their mother, and whole human persons. As already implicitly agreed, the body parts being sold are not the woman’s. The selling of body parts is only one aspect of the cumulative and devastating case against the abortion industry in America. Over 55 million abortions have been performed in America since Roe v Wade.
Perhaps much of the responsibility lies at the foot of the American Christian church, who should be the moral salt of the culture. Francis Schaeffer challenged the church when he said, “Every abortion clinic should have a sign in front of it saying, ‘Open by permission of the church.’”